Something Wicked this way Comes….
|October 10, 2012||Posted by Cambria under Cold Blood, Fun stuff, Giveaways and Contests, guest post|
Something Wicked this was comes…..
and today it’s Heather Hildenbrand author of the Dirty Blood series!!! In case you haven’t heard the Dirty Blood series is all about my favoite furry kind of paranormal: werewolves!!!
The books that are out in the series now are: Dirty Blood, Cold Blood and Blood Bond. They are fantastic reads (I’ve read them all) so be sure to grab a copy and get to howling… I mean reading!
So for today’s Something Wicked stop Heather Hildenbrand has written us a wickedly good post about werewolves. Since she is an expert on all things hairy (except hairy armpits and legs – she shaves. Or waxes… I really don’t know which, but I’ve seen pictures of her and she isn’t hairy) Heather has written up the Top 5 reasons you SHOULD date a werewolf and the Top 5 reasons you should NOT date a werewolf. Read ahead and see for yourself:
Reasons to Date and Not date a werewolf by Heather Hildenbrand
Top 5 reasons NOT to date a werewolf:
- They shed! You get all dressed up to go out to a nice dinner and look down at your sweater and it’s covered in fur. Come on! That’s not cute.
- They slobber when they’re excited! No girl wants to kiss all over a guy who slobbers everywhere. That habit should’ve been broken in middle school when you spent an entire movie in the back row with your tongue down your girlfriend’s throat while trying NOT to get your lip stuck in her braces. Drooling was accepted then because you were 13 and hey, you’re new at this. Not anymore. Get it together.
- They are preoccupied with sniffing your hair. Or other parts of your body. Yes, wolves respond strongly to scent. No, it’s not okay that you lean down to sniff my lady parts when my pheromones kick in during our post-date make-out session.
- Embarrassing car rides! If they aren’t sticking their head out the window and hanging their tongue out of their mouth in the wind, they’re jumping excitedly from the front to the back seat and trying to curl up in your lap. Car trips are a no-go.
- Don’t expect jewelry. Werewolves can’t tolerate silver. Not even a little. So don’t expect anything nicer than cubic zirconium. Even that might make him twitchy. I hope you like flowers.
Top 5 reasons you SHOULD date a werewolf:
- He’s hot. Like, literally. Everyone knows a werewolf’s body temperature runs higher than humans. So, no more worrying about your feet getting cold at night! Just cuddle up to your breathing heater and you’ll stay warm and toasty!
- Intruders beware! Werewolves make great guard dogs. Especially since the burglar won’t even see it coming when your boyfriend shifts in midair and takes out the guy’s calf in one bite. Your diamonds (as long as they aren’t silver) are safe.
- Really strong! This guy can carry all of your grocery bags inside for you at once. #WayConvenient
- Great hair. Everyone knows werewolves—even in human form—have a great head of hair. Something silky and thick to comb your fingers through when you’re er… hugging.
- They’re Adventurous! Life is never dull with a werewolf. Their animal nature makes them unpredictable, willing to try new things, active. Never a dull moment when, once a month, you find him howling at the moon.
So what do you all think… To date or not to date that is the question…. Here is my answer: DATE!!!!!!
To make this post even more awesomely wicked Heather is generously offering a SIGNED PAPERBACK of DIRTY BLOOD to one lucky winner! (US only) Just fill out the rafflecopter below and I will announce the winner in one week. 😉