Werewolf Wednesday #12
|March 21, 2012||Posted by Cambria under Werewolf Wednesday|
Welcome to Werewolf Wednesday where the moon is always full and I am howling. Every single Wednesday I will be profiling a new werewolf from books, TV or movies. I might also mix it up a bit some weeks and throw in some other furry fun!! Please feel free to join and howl along with me every week!
In honor of Werewolf Wednesday I thought I would share some of my opinions with you all about “the way I see” a werewolf. Actually they aren’t opinions they are rules. You didn’t know that there are rules for writing a good werewolf? Well now you do. So read on and learn something, you might even actually agree.
Rules for a Werewolf
1. Girls are NOT werewolves. They just aren’t. It isn’t manly. ~ Okay, okay, this is sexist and wrong of me but a gal can’t help the way she feels….. right? I will say that there are a few authors out there chaning my mind. Example: the Nightshade Series. Also, a certain show, Once Upon a Time….. (a series post on that show to come). Even still I feel strongly about this rule so its staying on the list until further notice.
2. They are not cute in wolf form. They are not giant dogs. In wolf form they are UGLY. But that doesn’t mean that they aren’t hot in human form. 🙂 Want to see an example of a pettable werewolf? Here ya go:
This is Jake in Twilight. While I am totally Team Jacob and I liked this movie, i do think that this is an example of what a werewolf isn’t. He looks like a big dog. A good example of a true werewolf is the photo at the begining of this post.
3. They can change form at any time! They do not have to wait for the night ofthe full moon. A werewolf is always a werewolf, the moon may make their primal instincts more hard to control but they can change at will. It is also in my opinion that werewolves will change when intense emotion gets the better of him. Anger, fear, danger and love are all powerful emotions that can bring on the change.
4. They CANNOT talk in wolf form. They are wolves, they don’t speak like humans. It just isn’t something that happens. 🙂 They growl and drool. But I do think they can talk to each other in some form when they are all wolves.
5. The seasons do not affect them. I have a book (okay, its Shiver and Linger) that the turn of the season (from cold to hot) is what turns the wolves. This is not true. They turn at will. Werewolves are hot blooded and are not affected by the cold.
These are my main 5 rules when writing about a werewolf. Now, I do have others but they are being saved for my werewolf series that I have written. (I can’t give away all my secrets!) Someday you might see it on the shelves and I hope you all read it. The first book in the series is called GLACIER. But that is all I will say about that until it actually gets published.
So do you have any rules for werewolves or do you think that anything goes?