Hounded Read Along week 4!
|March 23, 2012||Posted by Cambria under Fun stuff|
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!
Questions for Chapters 16-20
1. Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to “ninja” his way out of the shop and into Hal’s Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to “ninja” your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened?
Hmmmm. I got nothing. LOL. I am not a stealthy gal. There was this one time when I was a kid that I was dying to know what this one present under the Christmas tree was (I have this weird knack for knowing exactly what every gift is before I open it – except for this ONE time and it was driving me nuts) so I snuck upstairs to the kitchen and got a butter knife and crept back downstairs…. Where I proceeded to slide the knife beneath the tape on one end open up the wrapping see what the gift was then rewrap it and press the tape back into place. Then I snuck the knife back upstairs and no one saw a thing…..
I think that makes me a wrapping paper ninja. Or maybe a knife ninja???
Oh, by the way the present – it was a blanket. Bah ha ha ha ha.
2. Atticus’s main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do?
LOL. Weapons…. Oh yeah. (wait did that sound bloodthirsty?? I am totally a peaceful gal) Well, I think it would be hard t choose but if I had to a dagger would be nice. And so would a bow and arrow. Hopefully these weapons come with instructions else I would kill myself! My husband won’t even let me use a power drill (admittedly for good reason)! Ya, know since I seem to be a danger to myself with a lot of things maybe having a weapon like being able to put up a shield around myself to ward off everything and everyone would be much safer. For me. LOL!!!
3. To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept?
*wags eyebrows* Well if you really want to know….. LOL. That’s actually a hard question because I am not one of those people who fall asleep easily and everywhere. When I fall asleep on the couch in the daytime everyone freaks out cause they think I am sick. Lol.
Now, my husband, I’ve tried to get him looked at for narcolepsy. (spelled that wrong I am sure) He sleeps through everything. When we go to the movies? He falls asleep. Our second date? He was late cause he fell asleep on his couch. He’s also fallen asleep over his dinner plate and on the toilet (no I am not kidding). And even worse before we met he fell asleep while driving and totaled his mustang.
Now me…. I can’t think of one weird place I have ever slept.
4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don’t know about you, but I certainly wasn’t expecting to find that she’s sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile?
I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was kind of thinking she was some kind of powerful witch and that she had the ability to hide her power. I was also thinking that maybe she was going to be the hottie girl who tried to tempt Atticus into lowering his guard thus giving his enemy a chance to attack him. He did say that the ladies were a weakness. The fact that she was sharing her head was a neat surprise, I wasn’t thinking along those lines.
5. Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she’s done in the past. However, she’s supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the “other” witches?
You know I am one of those people that tends to think that people don’t really ever change. (pessimistic, I know) BUT in her defense she is mighty old and with age like that comes wisdom. AND being trapped in a necklace for over a hundred years? Well, that is some thinking time and time to reflect on what got you there. And of course, I do believe in karma and maybe she had seen enough to want to change her ways. I would like to believe she has changed and the way she treats Granuaile is a positive step in the right direction.
I also think that Atticus pretty much had no choice but to try and trust her. He was in a jam and he needed a powerful witch – STAT. I mean it isn’t as if he can go to Walmart and get one (though some of those cashiers are pretty witchy….). So, I think Atticus did the right thing and whenever he makes a deal do you ever notice how he makes it seem like they are getting a good deal out of working with him? Let’s face it, people are more apt to keep their word when there is something in it for them. Witches are no different. LOL.
So that’s my answers for this week!! Happy Friday!