Hounded Read Along ~ Final Week
|March 30, 2012||Posted by Cambria under Uncategorized|
Houded Read Along ~ Final Week
The final week of The Hounded Read Along is hosted by The Unread Reader and you can visit her awesome blog right now to link up and get all the amazing details for this read along!
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
I have to say that I usually don’t spill secrets to people I am not supposed to. I’m a good friends like that. Lol. Every once in a while I will spill plot secrets to a book or movie in my excitement to a friend who is asking. Then I end up smacking myself in the head for it. Although…. There was this one time I got caught checking out another guy in front of my husband…. Oopsie!! We were at Walmart or Target or something and this guy walks by and he has this shirt on that showed his arms and they were like rock solid muscle… and he had this tattoo on his bicep – like barbed wire or something and for whatever reason I could not stop staring at this guy. Well, my husband was like “ummm, hello, what the hay do you think you are looking at?” I tried to cover it up and got so flustered I blurted out- “I was just looking at his muscle- I mean his tattoo’s! His Tattoos!!”
Needless to say it didn’t go over very well.
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, “the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility.” Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
As long as these beings weren’t gonna eat me or kill me I’d live among them. Why not? They probably would be cool and could teach me something new! And besides, I kind of think that there already are other types of beings among us. I don’t know what kind or anything like that but I am certainly open to the possibility of it. Maybe it’s because I read wayyy to many fantasy and paranormal books. Maybe it’s because I write them. Or maybe it’s because I am crazy….
OR maybe it’s because I am one of them….. Muh ha ha ha ha ha!!
Just kidding. But I am still holding out for my dream werewolf to come and sweep me off my feet!! Lol.
3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
Wow, this is a tough question. Sometimes it seems that Atticus can do anything or use whatever power he has in any way that he needs at the moment. I think my favorite power of his is just how connected to the earth he his. When he sleeps on it and it heals him (and not just because he’s naked, but that doesn’t hurt either, lol), when he stands on it – it gives him power and kind of grounds him. I think that’s cool and I think the tattoos that connect him to the earth are really cool. I have read books about people having an affinity for the earth but Atticus doesn’t just have an affinity for it, it’s like it’s part of him and that is really cool.
4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That’s when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
My kids and my husband. Even my little dog Cocoa. J Oh, and on accasion a good latte from Starbucks. Hey, don’t get between and girl and her coffee.
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
I expected a big battle and I expected Atticus to win. I didn’t really expect all those demons and how the one chewed off Atticus’s ear. Lol. And, I wasn’t really surprised by all the betrayal going on (among the Gods and Goddesses) but I was kind of surprised by who was betraying who. I think it was a real battle because Atticus got so hurt, I think if he had just walked in there and whooped everyone it wouldn’t have been as good. My favorite was when the Morrigan loaned some of her power to Atticus. I always suspected that she had the hots for him. J
6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
My favorite character was Atticus. I liked his wisdom and his sarcasm and humor. I also of course liked Oberon. I even liked the Morrigan. I didn’t really have a least favorite character because they all served a purpose and played their role well.
My favorite part of the book was probably when Atticus and his vampire lawyer battled on his front lawn then they convinced the neighbors and the cops nothing happened. Lol. And then, he got the neighbor in trouble for calling the police at all! Ha ha! I also liked the scenes in the bar when Atticus and the Werewolf lawyer (hot!) were eating fish and chips.
7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I couldn’t even begin to guess what is next for Atticus. He has already seen so much in his many, many years. Maybe some romance?? Though, I wonder if romance loses its appeal after being alive for so long and also from knowing that whoever you end up falling for you will outlive anyway.
I would continue to read this series, I think that Atticus is a great character and I’d like to see what other jams he has to get himself out of. Lol.
This was the first time I have ever done a read along like this but it was really fun!! I am looking forward to the Masquerade Read along (bgeinning in April) and I hope you will cosider signing up (there’s a read along page at the menu at the top to sign up).