Interview with Romeo & Rimmel!
|September 10, 2016||Posted by Cambria under Uncategorized|
Not long ago I opened up a form for readers to submit questions to Romeo and Rimmel for an exclusive character interview with our favorite #couple!
I also had an option to add a question for me if anyone had any.
This isn’t a short interview, because I answered every question that was asked. Duplicates were deleted because they were already answered. I suggest grabbing a cup of coffee, getting comfortable and enjoying the interview below!
Here’s a pic of our fav couple just because. 🙂
1) When did you realize Rimmel was the one?
When I saw her sitting in the middle of the shelter floor, wet from the rain with Murphy in her lap.
2) How are you going to manage a new family & NFL? Do they plan on following you to away games?
I’ll do everything I can to be as close to them as possible. Travel is definitely an option. Family comes first for me, always.
3) Tell me about your friendship with Braeden!
He’s my bro. My best friend. We’ve been friends since we were kids, we just get each other. He’s always been there just like I’ve always been there. We balance each other out in good ways. Plus he likes beer.
4) What is it about Rimmel had you falling head over heels?
Her giant heart. She cares about everyone and everything. She never takes me crap (even though she should!), and she isn’t afraid to stand up to me. I like that. I don’t like ass-kissers. Plus, she’s strong… a lot stronger than she looks.
5) Hey Romeo! Are you ever or were you ever jealous of Murphy, considering how much Rim loves him?
Nah. No competition. What kinda man would I be if I was jealous of a cat? Lame.
6) I know the point in which Braeden realized you were best friends but when did you realize Braeden was yours?
Probably the same time he did. I watch people… even when I was a kid, I watched. I liked what I saw with him. He’s good people.
7) How many children do you want to have with Rimmel?
As many as she wants. I don’t care. I just want her happy.
8) Which song is the most fitting to Rimmel? (What would be her theme song?)
There’s no way I could pick one song to define my girl. She’s too amazing for that. But, there are some awesome fans of ours who have created playlists for the Hashtag series. Here are two:
p.s. got a playlist? leave it below!
9) If there’s one thing you’d want to change about Rimmel, what is it?
I love all of my girl. I wouldn’t change anything.
10) Mind-blowing sex or a cuddle?
Both. I’m not an either or kind of guy.
11) What’s your greatest fear?
12) Are you scared to be a father, even with ur amazing father as a role model?
Well yeah. Even the best men (that would be me) get scared, its how it keeps us on our toes. Besides, I like a challenge.
13) What did you think of Rimmel’s father and grandmother?
Her grandparents are good people. They love Rimmel and I’m grateful she had her grandmother while she was growing up.
15) Romeo, how does it feel to finally have the love of your life and play in the NFL? What do you plan to do next?
Pretty damn awesome. I plan on being happy, keeping my family happy.
16) Do you think Rimmel could feel alone sometimes (because she has not that much family)?
In the past, yeah. But now? Hells no. She has 3 big brothers, a sister and a niece. Plus she has me. I’m her favorite.
17) What are your prospects in life?
To be happy and to keep Rimmel happy.
18) If you had to name just one quality of Rimmel’s that you love, what would it be? You can only pick one.
Her big heart.
19) If you didn’t play football what do you see yourself doing?
I never saw myself doing anything other than what I do now. In the future…? Who knows.
20) Did you ever just want sex from a woman? Not a real relationship.
I’m a guy. Of course. Until Rim came along of course.
21) Where do you want to take Rimmel for your the next holiday you go on together?
To a private island.
22) Did you expect it to be this big??? (The book, the followers and seeing you as Romeo)
I think this question might have been directed at Nathan Weller…. As Cambria I can answer and say no. lol. I definitely didn’t think the series would be this well-loved. But I am glad it is.
23) Are you trading in the hellcat for a more baby-ish car?
Hells no! We have an SUV.
24) Are you hoping for a son? Will you teach and encourage him to play football? Do you have any names picked out?
I’m hoping for a healthy baby. A happy wife. If I have a son of course I’ll teach him about football but a man has to have the life he wants, not the life his father wants for him. I’m good with whatever he wants to do. Names…. Read #Bae. *winks.
25) If you weren’t playing football as a job, what would you be doing?
I have no idea. Maybe coaching.
26) What are your plans after the NFL? Any interest in coaching or possibly helping Rimmel with the shelter?
Definitely yes on helping Rimmel. Anything that will let me spend more time with her.
27) Describe Rimmel in three words?
Caring, Smart, Loving
28) What did you & B talk about at the alter?
That we were hungry. Seriously, we needed some good eats.
29) What’s been your fave Romeo & Rimmel moment?
The night I climbed in her dorm room window… she was in those tiny shorts…
30) Are you excited about being a papa?
31) What would you want your kids to be named?
Read #Bae *winks
32) Dream holiday destination?
A private island. Gotta let the boys hang free without any cameras around, you know?
33) If you could go anywhere and do anything for an entire weekend with no paparazzi what would you do?
See my above answer 😉
34) What have you found to be one of the most difficult things about married life? The most rewarding?
Most difficult is being away from her for work. Most rewarding? Knowing I get to keep her forever.
35) Who likes to hog the covers?
Rim. She’s a total bed hog.
36) Do you want a big or small family?
We already have a big family. I’m happy as long as Rim is.
37) When you guys have kids who will do the naming?
Probably Rim. She gets what she wants.
38) What has been your biggest achievement? Is there anything you fear?
Biggest achievement is my family. Biggest fear is losing Rim.
39) What is your favorite song?
The sound of Rim’s laugh.
1) What’s the most difficult part of being in the spotlight due to Romeo’s success?
The press. They are always around. Always.
2) How is motherhood treating you?
It’s amazing. Read #Bae for more!
3) What did you think when Romeo proposed? 🙂
I was happy and surprised. All I could think about was him and how lucky I was.
4) What had you falling for Romeo?
I fell for him because he’s confident, charming and everything I’m not. He has so many qualities I wished I had, I was intrigued by him at first. What made him tick, what made him so confident and popular. Then I got to know him. He is so caring and loyal, not many people see that side of him.
5) Hey Rim! Did you ever tell Romeo that you saw him getting a BJ on your first day of tutoring? Will you ever tell him?
No I never told him, I don’t really like to think or talk about my husband with someone else! I probably won’t ever tell him.
6) Did missy ever confront you about all the stuff she said about you?
No, she knows better than to try to talk to me!
7) If you have a girl would you name one after your mom?
I’m not sure. It’s a possibility.
8) Which song is the most fitting to Romeo? (What would be his theme song?)
I have no idea… I’m not really a music buff, which is totally embarrassing. I listen to whatever they play on the radio while I’m working at the shelter.
But, there are some awesome fans of ours who have created playlists for the Hashtag series. Here are two:
9) If there’s one thing you’d want to change about Romeo, what is it?
I wouldn’t change anything about him, loving someone means accepting things that aren’t always ideal… like how bossy he is! But that’s just his way of trying to protect me.
10) What makes you feel most loved?
Romeo; his eyes and the way he looks at me.
11) Who is your favorite fictional character ever?
12) Did u get scared to tell Romeo’s mom about the baby, cause she’s kind of a helicopter mom?
She is a helicopter mom, but I wasn’t scared to tell her. She will love any child of ours.
13) Do you think you will ever be close to Rome’s mom?
I hope so.
14) How did you know Romeo was the right one for you? What did you think of Braeden when you first met Romeos friend? What did you think when Romeo proposed at his football game on live tv?
I knew because I could feel how much he loves me. He never gave up on us and he fought for us even when I stepped back. And then there was Murphy… any guy who will take in a cat just because I loved it is a man who obviously cares. Oh, Braeden… when I first met him I thought about him the same thing everyone else who wasn’t close to him thought: that he was a playboy jock. But, there are a lot of layers to Braeden and he took me right in, I’ve never been so accepted so fast by someone. When Romeo proposed, I was happy and surprised. All I could think about was him and how lucky I was.
15) Rimmel, what do you and Ivy do together to have some girl time? Do you do anything while Romeo is at practice?
Yes of course! We have coffee, go shopping, watch movies and more recently we decorate the compound together!
16) Is it hard being Romeo’s wife?
No. Its so easy to love him. Sometimes it’s hard to deal with things that come with him – like his fame and the press.
17) Do you feel alone?
I couldn’t feel alone with such a loving family around me.
18) When you picture yourself old and gray, sitting on the porch swing with Romeo, how many pets do you have and is there a favorite?
Oh! Lots of pets. Dogs and cats! I can’t imagine having a favorite… well… actually, Murphy is my favorite, he probably always will be.
19) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
Where I live now.
20) Do you think you will be just like Valerie when your baby is older? Do you understand her better now?
I don’t think anyone can be like Valerie, she’s definitely a unique woman. I do think I will protective, but maybe not go to the lengths that she did. But hey, never say never. It’s hard to say what a mother will do to protect her child. Yes, I have to say I think I understand her better now. Can’t say I agree with everything she does, but I do see her side of things better.
21) Are there any more animals you want to adopt at the animal center, if so what’s their names and why?
You should read #Bae to find that out!
22) How did you know Romeo was the one?
I knew because I could feel how much he loves me. He never gave up on us and he fought for us even when I stepped back. His loyalty can’t be denied. And then there was Murphy… any guy who will take in a cat just because I loved it is a man who obviously cares.
23) Did you expect it to be this big??? (The book, the followers and seeing you as Rimmel)
I think this question might have been directed at Jeddah Salera…. As Cambria I can answer and say no. lol. I definitely didn’t think the series would be this well-loved. But I am glad it is.
24) I am sure everyone will ask, what is your list of baby names?
Read #Bae to find out!
25) Are you & Romeo agreeing or disagreeing on names? How do you feel about making Romeo’s mom a grandma?
We aren’t disagreeing on names, a girl knows how to get what she wants. *winks. I think Valerie is going to be a great grandmother. She loves Romeo and I know she will love his child.
26) Rimmel After everything you went through with guys, what made you finally let you trust and believe that Romeo actually loved you?
I could feel it. Some love can’t really be denied. Plus, he never gave up on me, not even when I pushed him away. His loyalty is unmatched. He could easily have any girl he wanted, but he doesn’t want anyone but me. He proves it every day. And of course, Murphy. He adopted a cat for me. And the fact he gave up a spot in a fraternity that might have helped him with his dreams of the NFL.
27) Hypothetically speaking… Who would babysit? Drew? Trent? Braeden?
All of them! After all, I know they would do a good job, Romeo makes them babysit me all the time.
28) Do you have plans to still become a vet? And do you want to adopt more animals so Murphy has siblings?
I would never say never to becoming a vet, but right now I have no plans for vet school. I’m very happy with running the shelter, and helping animals in need the way I am right now. I feel like I am making a real difference and that’s all I really wanted.
29) Whats it like being adored by Romeo and being BBFL with B?
It’s more than I ever thought I’d have. They’re big and strong, which is kinda nice considering I’m not so big. But they’re bossy, too. But I love them and I know they love me. That means more to me than anything else in the world.
30) Describe Romeo in three words?
Strong, Charming, Bossy.
31) Hows the shelters?
They are amazing. The one I run is so fantastic. It’s a dream come true.
32) Whats been your favourite date with Romeo?
Ordering in pizza and watching movies at his house. It didn’t require pants.
33) If your mom was around what’s one question you would ask her?
If she was proud of me.
34) What do you admire most about Romeo?
His confidence. I’ve never met anyone who seems so effortlessly in control.
35) Dream holiday destination?
Anywhere with Romeo. I don’t need anywhere fancy.
36) What is your biggest fear bringing Romeo’s baby into the world?
Read #Bae to find out. 🙂
37) If you could go anywhere and do anything for an entire weekend with no paparazzi what would you do?
It would be nice to go out dinner without getting photographed once in a while! And honestly, it might be nice to visit England, and have tea.
38) What if there are twins? How will you react?
I’ll be happy as long as the baby or babies are healthy.
39) What have you found to be one of the most difficult things about married life? The most rewarding?
The most difficult thing is being away from Romeo when he travels. Also, the press hounding us all the time isn’t easy. The most rewarding is just him. Being with him. Seeing him. And our family, I love my family and I’m so grateful for them.
40) Rimmel, What do you love most about Romeo?
His capacity for love and the loyalty he shows for his family.
41) Do you want a big or small family?
I already have a big family now. 🙂 Any more added is just more of a blessing.
42) Do you still wear your hideous sweater or has it been banned from your wardrobe?
I still have it, of course I do! I hid in the back of my closet. If Romeo ever makes me mad I might pull it out and make him look at me wearing it!
43) What is the most important thing in your life? When do you feel most happy?
The most important thing in my life is Romeo and my family. I feel the most happy when I am beside Romeo.
44) Where is the one place you would love to travel to?
England for tea. But only if Romeo comes too.
1) What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
2) Do you have any new series ideas. Something totally diff from hashtag series?
Yes, I do. I have a couple standalone book ideas… nothing yet for a big series. Hopefully people will embrace them 🙂
3) Would you do any more series similar to the # series?
I’m open for any ideas that come my way! There is only 1 Hashtag Series, but I would do something in the same genre, etc.
4) What can I do so that Romeo leaves Rimmel and comes to me? 😜
I’m pretty sure there is nothing you can do. He’s off the market. Permanently. LOL.
5) Is really the last # novel? I really would love to know how the children grow up.
I do not have any plans to write any more Hashtag Books. Maybe I will do a few bonus scenes or something in the future.
6) Did you think about your first pregnancy while you were writing this? Remembering all the emotions u went through.
Honestly, I really didn’t. That’s a good question, though. I think I was too immersed in what Rimmel was experiencing and in the Hashtag world to think about myself.
7) I love all your books, The # Hashtag books are my fave, what are you working on now?
Thank you so much!! Right now I am working on #Blur J
8) Cambria, what’s next for you? I mean is there a new series coming?
I’m working on finishing the GearShark series. After that I will probably write a few standalone novels… then we will see!
9) How can you write what new adults think? Is it hard to put yourself in their minds?
Well, new adults are basically just adults who are in their 20’s. I was in my 20’s once, lol! It wasn’t that long ago. Unless you ask my kids. They think I rode dinosaurs… But yeah, sometimes its hard to put myself in someone else’s shoes, no matter the age.
10) I have many, many, many questions for you my friend. I can never remember what they are when it comes time to ask. It drives me crazy. Ok…here’s one. What did Tony have to say when he found out all the details of Valerie’s investigation. What did he say to her, specifically. I actually really love the periferal (sp) adults in the kids life. Maybe because they’d be about my age!
Also, what’s next on the list after Arrow. I know you’ve said that GearShark is done, but I’d like to see a story with the reporter Emily. She’s an interesting character. By what next I mean do you have another series mulling? Different from these?
I have one more GearShark book planned, #Blur. I’m working on it now. Beyond the GearShark book I have a couple ideas for a few standalone novels. I hadn’t planned on a book for Emily, she would be an interesting character though!
11) How do you come up with the names for your characters?
Sometimes the characters just tell me their names (I know that’s strange) and sometimes I browse baby name sites. Mostly, I just let the names come to me.
12) What’s been your favorite part of writing the hashtag series?
Spending time with Romeo and the family. Also having the book trailer made.
13) Why are you so awesome?
Because my readers are!
14) You said this is the last hashtag book. How many more gearshark books are planned? I know Arrow is coming just wasn’t sure if there would be more. Any plans past these books that you are thinking about?
I have one more GearShark book planned, #Blur. I’m working on it now. Beyond the GearShark book I have a couple ideas for a few standalone novels.
15) Your character names, how do you create them? Do you use names of friends or some part of their name?
Usually I just let the character tell me their name, or I brainstorm unique names that I think fit the character. I don’t usually use names of people I know, but once in a while I do, usually they are secondary characters.
16) How did you pick Rimmel’s and Roman’s name? We all know Romeo is a Nickname.?
I love the name Romeo, it fits a charming, charismatic guy so it fit his character. I wanted it to be short for something and Roman seemed to be the perfect fit. I’m not sure how I picked Rimmel’s name, lol! I just remember wanting something different and it popped into my head (maybe I had seen a Rimmel London makeup ad recently… I have no idea) and I loved the way it sounded with Romeo and the fact I hadn’t heard it used before.
17) Did you just look and Jeddah and said she’s Rimmel? Romeo had to be easy, Nate is Romeo.
Jeddah was cast in the book trailer as Rimmel, she was first selected by Dan at Timid Monster and he sent me her photo and said he’d worked with her before. I thought she was perfect (in looks) for Rimmel. Then I saw her in the trailer and its amazing how much she is like her. When I met her last June I was even more amazed. She really is the perfect Rimmel.
Nathan makes a good Romeo, lol. I hadn’t met him either until he agreed to do the trailer. I had seen him several months before that at a book event and I remember looking up and seeing him and thinking ‘oh, wow, that guy looks so much like Romeo’. Then I went back to my table because I was too shy to go meet him. When we started looking for a Romeo I took a chance and reached out to him via Facebook and as we know… he agreed.
18) Congratulations on #Bae and #Blur in the future. Do you have any plans to move back into the supernatural like your Heven and Hell series or keep writing contemporary? Anything you write I know will be amazing and I’ll read I’m a huge fan of your work.
Thank you! I never say never about writing anything. Its possible I will write more supernatural, if an idea comes I will go with it!
19)Will you come to a UK signing? (I promise to bring you my fave coffee from nero and hugs)
I definitely would love to! I’ve been invited to a few, but it’s a long trip and with kids in school it’s a challenge to coordinate. Its definitely on my list of must-do!
Also, if you where to have a do over with any of the hashtag books (including gearshark). Is there anything you would do differently? Like have there been any lightbulb moments over time where you’ve thought “”ooohhh i wish i’d put that in”” or not put it?”
Honestly I don’t have anything I would do differently, its been a great and I’m proud of the series.
20) Would you ever consider writing a book in Braden, ivey and rimmels, romeo childrens point of veiws
At this time I don’t have any plans to write anything in the children’s point of view. Maybe someday, but not right now.
21) Cambria, is it hard to get into each one of your characters personalities when you write? Do you need to take breaks in between writing for each one? ps you are my favorite 🙂
Sometimes it can be hard, some are quieter than others. Usually once I get going with a book its easier though. I don’t usually take breaks between each one. Sometimes I write multiple chapters in one characters POV before switching over to the next, it really just depends on what’s going on in my head that day, hahaha.
And thank you! I appreciate you reading!
22) Who voice was the loudest or spoke to you the most?
That’s a hard one. I’ve written a lot of characters. I might go with Romeo because I’ve written him for so long and even still, sometimes he still surprises me, which is kinda cool.
23) What book/scene was the most difficult to write?
The stuff in #Poser from Zach’s POV was difficult. It made my stomach hurt. Also the stuff with Ivy in that book was hard as well. Some story lines are difficult to write and I don’t really set out to write them but they evolve and I go with the story.
24) Would you come to Australia for a signing?
I definitely would love to! It’s a long trip and with kids in school it’s a challenge to coordinate. Its definitely on my list of must-do!
25) When is Arrow coming?
I’m working on his book now. Hopefully before the end of this year. If not probably in January. I’m trying for the end of 2016 though.
26) What inspired Romeo and Rimmels story? Did one come before the other or did both characters show up in your mind at the same time?
#Nerd was inspired by a photo that my designer posted on Facebook. It was a silly behind the scenes image of a model with all the various props from a shoot piled on her as they walked to a new location. She put it up for a laugh but the second I saw the image it struck something in me. I wanted to know that girl. Her story. What she was like. I was reminded of football games, sitting on the bleachers and apple cider. I don’t know why but the whole college setting just called to me. I immediately bought the photo and decided to call it #Nerd. Rimmel and Romeo were created that day. Romeo came right after Rimmel, when I wanted to know who would be opposite of that girl (on the cover of #Nerd). The series was never supposed to be a series as it is now. They were supposed to be standalone novels with new characters in each book. But once I started writing Romeo and Rimmel I couldn’t let go. There was no way one book would have been enough for me. And here we are…. Almost at the release of book 8. I never imagined it would go this far, but its been amazing.
27) How did you come up with the # series?
See answer above.
28) What has been your favorite genre to write about? Will your teespring campaigns open up soon?
My favorite genre has been the contemporary new adult (The Hashtag Series). It’s just been so fun. Sure, they will open up. They are open frequently!
I hope you enjoyed this interview!
For more with Romeo and Rimmel 1-click a copy of #Bae on Sept 16th!