"The Way I See It." – The Werewolf
|July 14, 2011||Posted by Cambria under "The way I see it", Werewolf Week|
In honor of Werewolf Week I thought I would share some of my opinions with you all about “the way I see” a werewolf. Actually they aren’t opinions they are rules. You didn’t know that there are rules for writing a good werewolf? Well now you do. So read on and learn something, you might even actually agree.
Rules for a Werewolf
1. Girls are NOT werewolves. They just aren’t. It isn’t manly.
2. They are not cute in wolf form. They are not giant dogs. In wolf form they are UGLY. But that doesn’t mean that they aren’t hot in human form. 🙂 Want to see an example of a pettable werewolf? Here ya go:
This is Jake in Twilight. While I am totally Team Jacob and I liked this movie, i do think that this is an example of what a werewolf isn’t. He looks like a big dog. A good example of a true werewolf is the photo at the begining of this post.
3. They can change form at any time! They do not have to wait for the night ofthe full moon. A werewolf is always a werewolf, the moon may make their primal instincts more hard to control but they can change at will. It is also in my opinion that werewolves will change when intense emotion gets the better of him. Anger, fear, danger and love are all powerful emotions that can bring on the change.
4. They CANNOT talk in wolf form. They are wolves, they don’t speak like humans. It just isn’t something that happens. 🙂 The growl and drool.
5. The seasons do not affect them. I have a book (okay, its Shiver and Linger) that the turn of the season (from cold to hot) is what turns the wolves. This is not true. They turn at will. Werewolves are hot blooded and are not affected by the cold.
These are my main 5 rules when writing about a werewolf. Now, I do have others but they are being saved for my werewolf series that I have written. (I can’t give away all my secrets!) Someday you might see it on the shelves and I hope you all read it. The first book in the series is called GLACIER. But that is all I will say about that until it actually gets published.
In honor of werewolf week I would like to post a few pictures of some of the hottest and most favorite werewolves out there. So look below for your veiwing pleasure!
This is Alcide from True Blood. Admittedly I do not watch True Blood (i have seen the first season and a half but I am too cheap to spring for HBO) but this guy is a favorite amongt paranormal fans everywhere and I can totally see why!!
And here is one of his wolf pack, although I will say that I wasn’t that impressed with any of them….
(Sorry ladies I couldn’t find any other pics of Tyler, but I will keep looking!!)
And then I will add one last shot of my personal favorite at the moment. Another pic of Derek from Teen Wolf!
This what a hunky werewolf is all about!
Now you have all read my werewolf rules and seen some of the most popular wolves out there. Did I forget one? Do you completely agree/disagree on my rules? Leave me a comment and we can dicuss this further….
It is after all my favorite subject!